Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 36 ~ Children's Museum and a Spray Tan

Today we surprised the youngest two with a trip to the Children's Museum. They had the Clifford Exhibit out and the girls LOVED IT!! There were so many great activities and things for the girls to do. The Children's Museum was amazing, and the girls kept running from one thing to another.


Hailey always had this look of excitement and "NO WAY!" I swear you can hear her scream from a block away and her happiness is felt across the room.


Our youngest's expressions are a little different from those of her sister. She is little more along the lines of "What the hell?" "What are you looking at?" I think this is her permanent look at all times. It seems to fit in any situation she is in. She is sweet and loving, but she can give you a look like you have never seen before.

It was so nice being able to get out together, and although my oldest was in school and we missed her a ton, we all had a lot of fun, and it was a great new thing to do this afternoon.



A Spray Tan

My other new thing for the day was a spray tan. As most of you know, or don't know, I am pretty fair. I grew up in San Diego where the sun never stops shining, and spent way too much time sun bathing as a kid. Now as an adult with as much money and energy as I put into keeping my skin nice, I avoid tanning. I have heard about spray tans but have never had one. I have nothing against tanning beds, but I do have something against wrinkles on my face.

My very good friend told me about a special at a local tan and spa salon. The Ultimate Tan and Spa in Newberg offers 50% off on Fridays for spray tans. Sounded like a great deal to me so I decided to go in. I can not tell you how good it smelt in there, like sunshine and coconuts all wrapped up in one. Seriously, just hanging out in there made me feel like summer. The girl behind the counter was so nice. She set me up, and showed me what to do. I went in a room and rubbed lotion on my hands and feet to reduce any chance of crazy stains from dye, I put a hair cover on, and then stepped into the machine. I pushed this green button and waited for the spray... blink, blink, blink and then the spraying began. It scared the crap out of me and I gasped for air, which at that moment included a heavy dose of tanning solution. I felt like a white man doing the sprinkler dance as I tried to make sure I got my body covered, doing the things the nice girl at the counter showed me to do. Then it stoped and I turned to get my back side while repeating the crazy stances/dance moves.

Once I was done, I stepped out and dotted the excess, got dressed, and came out. I unfortunatley have extremely dry hands, and noticed a streak, so I go to wash it off. After my hands are washed I noticed something. OH NO! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!! I have washed off the mist on my hands and now they are soooo white, I look like I am wearing white gloves. I go out with this look on my face. The nice girl just smiles and fixes it for me. I guess I am not the only one who has done this before. I am to wait 4 hours before showering to help it set.

I am so glad I did this because it gave me such a nice bronze color, not too dark but still enough to make me feel great. I feel next time I will be a little better with my moves in the spray room, but other than that, it was soooooo worth it. I definitely will be doing this again.

I got a tan today and I am loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment