Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 43 ~ The Beach



My husband and I grew up near the beach, we have spent many summer days laying on the sand. There is nothing like listening to the sound of waves, and feeling the sand between your toes. I haven't been to the beach in 3 years and today we changed that.



Today my family and my brother in law's family headed to the beach. When we first set out it was sprinkling, but by the time we arrived on the sand, the sun was shining. The kids went crazy running back and forth and chasing the waves. We collected sea shells and rocks and played in the sand. This was Kyndall's first time to the beach and she sat and grabbed handfuls of sand at a time and would chuck them. You couldn't help but laugh. The smell of the ocean can be amazing at times, and the sound gives such a sense of comfort and piece of mind. I just sat there for awhile and watched my husband with the girls and smiled. I can honestly say I was so happy and so full of joy, I felt almost overwhelmed. To be there with my all my family was so much fun. The beach is a beautiful place and I am so glad we went.

PS I will be added photos tomorrow, words really can't describe the beauty of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment