Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shepherds Pie ~ Day 17

I have always wanted to make Shepherds pie but never have because of the meltdown I knew would follow. For some crazy reason, 2 of 3 children in this house hate mash potatoes. Tonight I decide too dang bad, mamas making a Shepherds pie!!

I got the recipe off of food network http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/shepherds-pie-recipe2/index.html It had 5 stars, so I had hope. I altered a few things, gluten free flour instead of regular all purpose, ground beef instead of lamb and 1 cup of corn instead of corn and peas, because well, I was all out of peas.



The outcome was a surprise success. Even though it had mashed potatoes, the kids ate it and they all loved it. My oldest asked for seconds and my two that "didn't like mashed potatoes" mixed it all up together and threw it down. Our six year old kept telling me, "I can't believe I like this, it must be a different kind of mashed potatoes." "Sure it is", I said winking at her.

My new thing for the day was Shepherds pie and I am heading back for seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment