Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Being Sick Sucks

Yep, I said it, being sick sucks. I wish I had another word to describe how I feel but sucks is as good as it gets. It seems these past couple months have been a roller coaster ride, a ride I did not want to get on, nor would I ever wish to get on. Long story short, after umpteen doctor visits, blood draws, prescriptions, vitamins and ups and downs, it finally seems I am starting to feel good again. I am so happy winter is almost over and the flower bulbs are starting to grow. Spring can be a beautiful time of year.

Enough about my woes, and on to something new......
If I hadn't mentioned this before, I am gluten free. I love soft bread rolls and pizza but because of a health issue I was advised to stay away from it, it has been almost a year. I swear I mourned over it for a good 3 months and every so often I still want to kick something. I have found some good substitutes, and it really doesn't bother me anymore, but nothing can compare to a soft roll, scones or good old pizza crust made with regular white flour. One of my new things for the day included a new recipe that was better than any flour mix I have ever tried and it is gluten free. Gluten Free Corn Bread. My girls couldn't tell the difference and I couldn't stop eating it.

Gluten Free Corn Bread
http://www.food.com/recipe/gluten-free-sweet-corn-bread-muffins-376155

Now that I am on the road to feeling good again, I plan to write more, and try more new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment